New Technology here at Rub-A-Dub Plumbing!
Fix old pipes with Cure in Place Piping!
Cure In Place Piping, CIPP, is a trenchless method used for rehabilitating or repairing damaged or aging underground pipelines, such as sewer lines, stormwater drains, and potable water pipes. Instead of traditional open-cut excavation and replacement, CIPP involves inserting a flexible resin-impregnated liner into the existing pipe, and then curing it in place to create a new, structurally sound pipe within the old one. This method offers several advantages, including reduced disruption to the surrounding environment, decreased costs, and faster project completion.
Here’s an overview of the CIPP process:
- Assessment and Preparation: Before starting the CIPP process, a thorough assessment of the existing pipeline is conducted to identify the extent and nature of damage or deterioration. Any obstructions or blockages are cleared from the pipe.
- Liner Fabrication: A flexible liner made of materials like felt, fiberglass, or polyester is impregnated with a thermosetting resin. The liner is designed to fit the diameter and length of the existing pipe to be rehabilitated.
- Installation: The liner is inserted into the damaged pipe using one of several methods, such as inversion (turning the liner inside out and pulling it into place) or winching. The liner is positioned accurately within the pipe, typically using CCTV cameras to monitor the process.
- Curing: The resin-impregnated liner is cured in place. This is typically done using one of the following methods:
- Steam Cure: Steam is injected into the liner, causing the resin to harden and cure.
- UV Cure: Ultraviolet (UV) light is used to cure the resin, hardening it in place.
- Hot Water Cure: Hot water is circulated through the liner to facilitate the curing process.
- Quality Control: After curing, the quality of the newly created pipe is checked using various methods, including pressure testing and visual inspection.
- Reconnection: Once the CIPP is successfully installed and cured, service connections are reinstated, and the rehabilitated pipeline is ready for use.
CIPP repairs or rehabilitates pipelines in a minimally invasive manner, which reduces the need for disruptive excavation. There’s no need to dig up your plants or destroy flooring. CIPP can extend the lifespan of the existing pipe. It is often used for underground infrastructure in urban areas, where traditional excavation and replacement would be highly disruptive and costly. Additionally, CIPP can be used in various pipe materials: clay, concrete, PVC, and more, making it a versatile solution for pipeline rehabilitation.
Rub-A-Dub Plumbing is here for you to provide #squeakyclean service with a smile – after all, we have our ducks in a row!
Ready to experience the Rub-A-Dub Plumbing difference? Contact us today to schedule service and see how we can help you keep your home #squeakyclean! We’re keeping up with the newest technology to keep the homeowner feeling safe and secure with the latest and greatest CIPP and #NuFlow!